Tuesday

Soft Breezes

It's late. I'm awake. Pondering. Random thoughts as the fan dries out my eyes. Does it really matter where I bank? How big of a ticket would I get if I got pulled over with my year old expired out of state registration?

Why is there such trash on TV these days? I just watched Tila Tequila get her heart broken by a girl who decided she would rather be with a guy. And this is quality, family entertainment folks. Why was I watching this you ask? It was in front of me on the treadmill. I kept trying to walk away, faster and faster, but was going nowhere. Like so many other things in life, the harder you try, the more you stay in the same place.

What are we gonna do with the kitten? Anyone want a cute little red haired kitten?

Who do I want to be? Do I even know? How do I find out? I thought I knew once, but I turned out to be wrong. Quite the learning experience, I assure you.

I really do enjoy listening to Christian music, it makes me smile. It is not lukewarm at all, despite opinions to the contrary.

I can't wait to see my mom this weekend. It's been almost 3 years since I saw her last. She'll finally get to meet her son in law.

Meditation is a wonderful thing. Moments of blissful silence, when you stop thinking and just be.

Prayer is when you talk, mediation is when you listen.

When jokes go sour, you just apologize and move on. No harm intended.

I've learned that apologizing first makes things much easier. Things such as moving on.

The Giver is a wonderful book about the importance of our memories, our feelings, our humanity. The world is in vivid color, all around us. We should not waste our precious time with our eyes and minds closed to what we could experience if we only allowed ourselves to see. Beauty is not in the eye of the beholder, beauty exists even when no one sees it. That's what makes it beautiful. When we are lucky enough to witness true beauty, it is because we chose to see what was already there, waiting.

No comments: