I believe the weakest part of my personality to be my thoughts. I need to control my thoughts and quiet my mind.
"Let virtue garnish they thoughts, then shall thy confidence wax strong in the Lord"
My father is red/green color blind and does not see shades of any color very clearly.
We were not thinking of this fact as we were anxiously anticipating our new
RED SPORTS CAR!
The tension mounted.
My dad pulled into our driveway, proudly showing off his new
RED SPORTS CAR !
I've seen them vanish at the dawn.
But I've realized enough of my dreams,
To make me wanna dream on.
I've prayed many prayers when no answers came,
Though I've waited patient and long.
But answers came to enough of my prayers,
To make me keep praying on.
I've sown many seeds that fell by the way,
For the birds to feed upon.
But I've held enough golden sheaves in my hand,
To make me keep sowing on.
I've drained the cup of dissappointment and pain.
And gone many days without a song.
But I have sipped enough nectar from the honey of life,
To make me want to live on.
"Emily, your persuasive essay caught my attention like a foofaraw."
"Our chickens don't do drugs."
Above picture exclaiming the danger of running over your child with a tractor lawnmower. Beware!!
"There's a banana jew on my desk."
Skiva Graphics, Inc.
"What happened to the other 14 cockrings?"
"If you ignore winter for three months, it will go away."
"Why are there no 'B' batteries?"
"If you lived on the bus, you would be home by now."
"You look like a 50's housewife." "Yeah, June Cleaver is kind of a MILF"
"The thing I miss most about San Diego, spicy carrots."
"Whatever. I fully did at least one useful thing today."
"On Sale Today! Cell phones that DON'T catch fire!"
"If my wife asks, I installed your shower bar today."
"Dude. My veins are sexy! Not like yours."
"Yo momma's so dumb she tried to drop acid but the car battery fell on her foot."
"It's always the last place you look."
*of course it's the freaking last place your look, ya idiot. Why would you keep looking once you found it? Dumb people are stupid.*
The Chargers Girls came to shake their stuff and had the boys going crazy!
P.O.D. is AWESOME! With some of my faves, like "So Alive" and "Youth of the Nation". They brought in the players with their anthem "San Diego Chargers"
See it here on YouTube. View from the opposite side. The sound is pretty good, but it was a completely different feel being there!
And they saved the best for last.
This is a great shot!
The Chargers will Rule the School on Sunday!! I cannot wait!
To All Non-Pet Owners Who Visit & Like to Complain About Our Pets:
1. They live here. You don't.
2. If you don't want their hair on your clothes, stay off the furniture. (That's why they call it "fur"niture.)
3. I like my pets a lot better than I like most people.
4. To you, it's an animal. To me, she is an adopted daughter who is short, hairy, walks on all fours and doesn't speak clearly.
Remember: In many ways, dogs and cats are better than kids because they:
1. Eat less
2. Don't ask for money all the time
3. Are easier to train
4. Normally come when called
5. Never ask to drive the car
6. Don't hang out with drug-using friends
7. Don't smoke or drink
8. Don't have to buy the latest fashions
9. Don't want to wear your clothes
10. Don't need a "gazillion" dollars for college.
11. If they get pregnant, you can sell their children.
If I were to invite you to a sushi lunch, what would you expect to do? Would you expect to have to leave your desk, leave your office, get in your car and drive to a sushi restaurant and spend more than 20 minutes of your time? OR, would you expect someone to bring your favorite sushi to your office so you could sit at your desk and eat it?
The former is what I think when discussing a sushi lunch with someone, but apprantly not everyone thinks that same way. (no surprise there) A woman in our office is leaving the company after 6 years and I am setting up a farewell lunch for her at her favorite sushi restaurant. I sent out the invitation earlier this week and received back 9 acceptances. Today, I received a e-mail from one of a group of three ladies who had accepted. She posed the questions of what conference room the lunch was going to be in?
Uhm?! Hello! We're having sushi, not pizza. This is San Diego, not New York. They do not deliver sushi. And I'm not going to to pay upfront for 10 people's sushi. Common Sense to me: Sushi = Restaurant.
Needless to say these people decided not to come and made me feel guilty for not explaining things to them. Stupid people are dumb.
May I call you Em?
Does anyone call you Emnhen?
Anyway that's not why I called.
*I actually laughed out loud when I read this. I have not yet been called Emnhen, but a client always says "Hey Henne Honey". Love it!*
- When making mashed potatoes, I will eat a few bites of raw potato. I'm from Idaho so it's OK.
- I dream in color and can continue the dream even after I wake up. I usually make it much better.
- I only do about 3 hours of work a day and continually get praised for doing such a great job.
- I can make the middle finger on my left hand hang like a limp noodle.
- I really only listen to the beginning and end of sentences when people talk to me. My mind wanders in the middle, but I'm fast enough to figure it out.
- I took me 27 years to feel comfortable wearing open toed shoes.
Tag. Your IT!
All I have to do is get out of the house here and move on up. I'm working on that.
- Line all your dress shoes with pieces of suede leather to avoid sqeaking, slipping and sweaty feet. (leather available at Michael's). Cut piece of leather long ways in two, at a slight diagonal. Pour foot powder into each shoes and shake around until thoroughly covered. Press leather into shoe, pushing down into the corners. When you pull the leather out, you will have a perfect outline of the shoe interior from the powder. Cut out along the powder line and glue into shoe with fabric glue.
- Get extra lean ground beef for a small price. Buy London Broil or Chuck Roast when on sale. ($1.57 a lb at Stater Bros.) Have the butcher grind up two large steaks. Grind twice for finer texture. Once home, separate into 1 to 1 1/2 lbs portions in freezer ziplock bags. Close bags and press flat, expelling as much air as possible. Stack and freeze. The flattened meat with thaw quickly in the fridge or hot water. You now have extra lean ground beef at $1.57 lb, and it's ready to cook straight from your freezer.
- Tired of your old clothes and books? Have an Exchange Party! Sort through your closet and bookshelves. Find whatever you haven't touched in the past year and pull it out. Invite your friends to do the same and bring their findings over with their favorite appetizer. Display clothes on curtain rods and strung, knotted rope. Arrange books on folding tables and stacks. Everyone gets to choose whatever they like and take it home for free. Whatever is left over gets donated to charity. (Tips: Make sure you have at least two rooms available as fitting rooms. If there is a dispute over an item, solve it the old fashioned way, Rock Paper Scissors.)
So I'll be back next Tuesday. I'm a glutton for punishment.
Wow! Another year has come and gone.
We spent New Years Eve at a friends house haveing Game Night with a bunch of other couples and some crazy kids. Mormon game night consists of bring your favorite game and favorite junk foods. Then we'll stay up too late and get sugar highs. Good clean fun. Midnight came with explosions of poppers and confetti. The martinelli's toast came about 5 minutes later because we forgot. the folks attached to kids left just after midnight and there were 3 diehard couples left. The F's who lived there and couldn't go home, us and the V's (neither of us have kids). We played some Mormon card game appropriatly called "And it came to PASS." G.F. wanted to play so we sat around the table with our first round of after midnight snacks, Black Cherry Vanilla Coke for me. Bro v lost the first round of 250 so we pushed to score to 500 out of pity, he still lost so we HAD to play again. It's 2:30 by now and out come the Pixie Sticks!! Oh Dear! Coke and flavored sugar in a tube, what else could you need at 3am? Seriously? At some point Gaylynn forgot my name and called me Gomer. Not sure how that happened, maybe it was the pink paper crown or that I kept skipping her husband, but she had it out for me. And she was winning. At some point John passed out on the couch and we just dealt out his cards and kept playing. MAN DOWN! keep going....Gaylynn was winning and WOULDN"T LET US STOP until she won officially at when D got 500.
When we finally walked into our house at 4:30am, I could not sleep. Hmmh? Wonder why? I did finally sleep, then D started molesting me at some point and then I slept in until 2pm. I love days off. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!! off to a great start!