We eat "sour" cream.
We spend millions upon millions of dollars to pay people to play games, and spend hours discussing those games and stats and possibilities, yet pay our protectors minimum wage to keep us free and safe, allowing us to go to watch the millionairs play their games, while the proctectors fight and die for our right to do so.
We work ourselves to death to attain worldy things, then can't take them with us when we die.
My living room will be delivered today. I never thought I could be so excited to sit on a real couch again. 3 weeks in a camping chair is my maximum.
A nice man named Johnny knocked on our door last night and asked if we wanted out lawn raked and mowed. The grass has not been cut since before we moved in and it was turning into a jungle. We jumped at the chance. I was expecting to pay at least $100 bucks for the front and back yards. This wonderful kind man, humbly ( almost embarrassed) asked if $35-$40 would be ok. Slack-jawed I said "YES! That would be wonderful!" He and his wife mowed the grass, cleared the yards and cleaned up everything. We gave him $60. He will come back on Saturday to trim the bushes and clean up along the crick. Then he will come back every two weeks to redo the grass and everything.
I was so impressed with his willingness to work, and work hard. It spoke volumes of his character and integrity. Both he and his wife worked together to earn money for their family. They probably both have full time jobs during the day and kids, then drive around in the evenings, looking for unkempt yards to take care of. Amazing work ethic and dedication to honesty. What a wonderful example to me. I look forward to seeing him on Saturday and getting to know he and his wife better.
- Buy new couch
- Buy new dining room table, chairs too
- Find new: Chiropractor, doctor, optometrist, dentist
- Get D's insurance squared away
- Sit in the sun
- Follow up on Mosquito spraying
- Email pics of house and us to family and friends
- Email Maintenance on water heater
- Refried beans
- Buy real Grill, not fake one
- Check to SB and acat IRA to Fidelity
- Change cell phone number
- See Shrek 3 and Oceans 13
- Reserve Harry Potter on Amazon
- Find local book store
- Re-read Lord of the Rings
- Become immune to Mosquito Bites
- Catch lightening bugs in a jar, then release
- Ride bikes around neighborhood and park
- Buy pastry scraper
- Buy wood cutting board/bread board
- Submit reimbursement for lost silverware, etc box, and missing tools
- Find lawn care folks who have own tools
- Send complaint to Neiman Marcus regarding "No Visa" policy.
- Find another source for Dolce Gabbana's
- New SmartCare shirt for D
- Write letter of explanation to submit with rent check for cost of ruined shirt
- Put up pictures/mirrors
- Figure out living Room layout w/ sofa vs loveseat
- Additional shelf for surround-sound speaker
- Queen size bed and box spring? or Sleep Number bed!!
- D Handyman contact/Spec home contact
- D Dress shoes
- Brush kitties
- Lowe's Motor Speedway tour
- Call: Andi, Mom, Diane, Shell, Ang
- Find Youth in Revolt book, look up price.
- Take a bubble bath
- Stop stressing about all this stuff. You can't take it with you anyways.
Today I was basically told that my boss is no longer my boss and my job is completely different and I will work with people I've never met before. This was conveyed through a nasty email from my now former boss. My coworker (who has also moved cross country and is sharing my straw) is 4 months preganant and cried 3 times today. Corporate merger hell.
Here's the bright side: The new people I will work with are awesome (at least on the phone) and I will be nicely compensated for my strife. Also, my former boss is footing the bill for our move cross country to the tune of $4,000. heehee sucker.
And yes it did bleed, and no I did not cry. But I wanted to.