As we bustle about driving here and driving there, buying this and buying that, let us remember the real reason for this joyous season. Celebration of the birth of our Saviour, Jesus Christ. Whenever his actual birthday may be, this is when we celebrate God's greatest gift to Man. His chosen Son, the Saviour of the world.
No matter who you are or what you've done, Jesus loves you and will stand with you through all your life. You do not need to be alone. He is always there with open arms, full of love and forgiveness. What joy it is to know that I have been forgiven and start each day as a new person.
I am so thankful to my Saviour for choosing to come to this Earth to live and die for me. If I were the only person on the Earth, He still would have come for me. As we visit with family and tear into our presents, remember that God gave us our most precious gift, his precious Son.
Merry Christmas to all!
- Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?
- Why are there no 'B' batteries? Were they bad and sent away to the battery refugee camp, never to be heard from again?
- Why are yawns contagious? Sometimes just thinking about yawning makes me yawn..like right now.
- I live in a neat and clean 1 bedroom apartment and do my own laundry. Where the @&*! do my missing socks go?!?
- Why does 'sour' cream have an expiration date? It's already gone bad!
- Why do we hiccup? Cuz they suck.
- Why are cute women's shoes always so painful to wear? I think they are designed by men as a way to keep women in bondage.
- Has anyone ever got the skinny white ceramic dog that's always in the Wheel of Fortune prize showcase? It's been 15 years! Obviously no one wants the damn thing, give it to Goodwill!
- How many licks does it take to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop? I'll never know because as soon as I taste the Toostie Roll center, I throw it away.
- How is baseball 'America's pastime' when more people watch NASCAR?
- Where do all my pens go? They must be hanging out with my missing socks and lost B batteries.
Help us remember that the jerk who cut us off in traffic last night is a single mother who worked nine hours that day and is rushing home to cook dinner, help with homework, do the laundry and spend a few precious moments with her children.
Help us to remember that the pierced, tattooed, disinterested young man who can't make change correctly is a worried 19-year-old college student, balancing his apprehension over final exams with his fear of not getting his student loans for next semester.
Remind us, Lord, that the scary looking bum, begging for money in the same spot every day is a slave to addictions that we can only imagine in our worst nightmares.
Help us to remember that the old couple walking annoyingly slow through the store aisles and blocking our shopping progress are savoring this moment, knowing that, based on the biopsy report she got back last week, this will be the last year that they go shopping together.
Heavenly Father, remind us each day that, of all the gifts you give us, the greatest gift is love. It is not enough to share that love with those we hold dear. Open our hearts not to just those who are close to us, but to all humanity. Let us be slow to judge and quick to forgive, show patience, empathy and love. Matt 5:44
I do not know if this place is an actual recollection of some physical location, or a realm my imagination created to allow my escape from reality. Either way, I love coming here.
Apartment dwelling does have it's positives. Need a new garbage disposal? Call the office and they install a new one that day, easy-peasy! Drunk neighbors laughing like banshee's under my window at 3 am on a Tuesday, not a perk. One mile commute to work, definitely on the plus side of my list. I will miss the ease of location and maintenance, but will love owning my own piece of the American Dream.
ASKING FOR A TWO-LINE RHYME
WITH THE MOST ROMANTIC FIRST LINE,
AND THE LEAST ROMANTIC SECOND LINE:
1. My darling, my lover, my beautiful wife:
Marrying you has screwed up my life.
2.I see your face when I am dreaming.
That's why I always wake up screaming.
3. Kind, intelligent, loving and hot;
This describes everything you are not.
4. Love may be beautiful, love may be bliss,
But I only slept with you 'cause I was pissed.
5. I thought that I could love no other-
- that is until I met your brother.
6. Roses are red, violets are blue, sugar is sweet, and so are you.
But the roses are wilting, the violets are dead, the sugar bowl's empty and so is your head.
7. I want to feel your sweet embrace;
But don't take that paper bag off your face.
8. I love your smile, your face, and your eyes
Damn, I'm good at telling lies!
9. My love, you take my breath away.
What have you stepped in to smell this way?
10. My feelings for you no words can tell,
Except for maybe 'Go to hell.'
11. What inspired this amorous rhyme?
Two parts vodka, one part lime.
If valued, then able to be bartered? If bartered, then marketed? If marketed, then increased demand for greater souls? With increased demand comes increased supply. Imagine of glut of souls available on the secondary market. What happens when the supply of a product far outpaces its demand? The value of that product shrinks, easy to get anywhere. No one wants it anymore. Unwanted souls, discarded and ignored.
No. Our souls are not weighted, nor are they measured. Each is priceless beyond recognition. We should not lose them so easily when another has sacrificed all for our right to keep them.
- Serious countdown to my vacation, 2 more days!!
- Need to get my carpet cleaned
- Learning to like more fried food. Welcome to the South. Fried pickles and green tomatoes seem to be in my future.
- I have bought 5 new pairs of jeans in the past week, all very long. I spent $35 total. Sweet.
- Think I might become a biker chick.
- Lincolnton, NC is a pretty cute little town. I could live there, on a few acres near the river...
- J. is everything I've ever wanted and didn't know I could ask for.
- I love being in love.
- I have a single carry-on bag packed for 2 vacations totalling 17 days. And my cowboy boots are inside! Go me!
- Disneyland on my birthday!
- I need a tan.
- The humidity cometh.
- Need to spend more time reading my Scriptures.
- Sushi tomorrow with Miss S.
- Got my butt kicked at pool, 3 times in a row. I should take up bowling. Or archery.
- Don't forget my toothpaste!
- Double-check weather.com for Denver forecast.
- Hey Mom, never did get that email. Love you!
- Shell, can I sleep on your couch at least one night?
- I'll tell Mickey you all say Hi!
I went on my first Harley ride this weekend. We took two-lane roads to Lake Lure and Chimney Rock. Lake Lure is where Dirty Dancing was filmed. It was a beautiful day Saturday and I loved to feel the wind on my skin and the sun beat down on me. I could smell the fresh cut grass and especially the cow pastures we rode past. The last part did make me homesick for the ranch, as did stratling the iron horse for 200 miles.
I better get used to that again, since I'll be at the ranch for 2 weeks this summer. It's really less than a month away! Oh my gosh, I just got very excited!! Disneyland on my birthday, then horses and cows for two straight weeks. A little bit of heaven.
That's enough for now.
- Found a new hiking trail near my place
- Learned to bake chicken well
- Been to Bobcats basketball games
- Been to a Checkers hockey game
- Expanding my Art skills through painting
- Got Internet at home
- Caught up on LOST
- Started a basic workout regimen
- Met my new neighbors
- Made new friends
- Started Dumb Movie night
I have a list titled 101 Things To Do in Charlotte. I've already marked off about 10-12 things that I have done and have decided that I'll choose one at a time to experience.
I'm also contemplating getting a season pass to Carowinds (mini Magic Mountain for you CA folks). It's only about 15 minutes away and I heart roller coasters. Hopefully I'll be able to go to a real Nascar race and a Panthers game this year too. I have tons on my To-Do Wish List, I'm excited for the journey. What's on your To-Do Wish List?
Perhaps I fall more into the 'saver' category, which may be why I have trouble accepting this type of mindset (though I do spend lavishly on my shoes). It also stems from my upbringing. I was taught to be very thrifty and not wasteful. Use it until it is unusable, then find another use for it. If an item is broken, marred or missing some cosmetic aspect it is certainly not unusable and does not need to be replaced with the newer, more expensive model. Just use the dang thing as it is and be happy you have one at all.
When I was younger and less knowledgeable of the effects of outlandish credit items, I did fall into the instant gratification trap. Years later, I am working hard to pay off those debts and have very little to show for that time of carefree spending.
That's another thing. I am doing my best not to be a pack rat. I strive to pare down my clutter as much as possible and donate all that I no longer have a use for. Also a nice help now that I have so few tax write-offs. Example: I have a fixed number of coat hangers. I will not buy new coat hangers. In order for me to buy a new item of clothing, I must donate or give away an existing item. Take something down in order to put something else back up. I seem to always have a bag of clothes and general household items being gathered for donation to the local Goodwill Store. This works for me.
I hope to be able to teach my future children these same ideals. I understand that some may not find my ideas to be ideal at all, yet I do. I believe that if something is earned it is more valuable. I believe that if you truly want something, you will work hard to attain it. I believe things that are easily gained are just as easily dismissed. I believe that rocks can sometimes be the best souvenir.
It doesn't interest me what you do for a living. I want to know what you ache for, and if you dare to dream of meeting your heart's longing.
It doesn't interest me how old you are. I want to know if you will risk looking like a fool for love, for your dream, for the adventure of being alive.
It doesn't interest me what planets are squaring your moon. I want to know if you have touched the center of your own sorrow, if you have been opened by life's betrayals or have become shriveled and closed from fear of further pain. I want to know if you can sit with pain, mine and your own, without moving to hide it, or fade it or fix it.
I want to know if you can be with joy, mine and your own, if you can dance with wildness and let the ecstasy fill you to the tips of your fingers and toes without cautioning us to be careful, to be realistic, to remember the limitations of being human.
It doesn't interest me if the story you are telling me is true. I want to know if you can disappoint another to be true to yourself; if you can bear the accusation of betrayal and not betray you own soul; if you can be faithless and therefore trustworthy.
I want to know if you can see beauty, even when it's not pretty, everyday and if you can source your own life from it's presence.
I want to know if y0u can live with failure, your and mine, and still stand at the edge of the lake and shout to the silver of the full moon, "Yes!"
It doesn't interest me where you live or how much money you have. I want to know if you can get up, after a night of grief and despair, weary and bruised to the bone, and do what needs to be done to feed the children.
It doesn't interest me whom you know or how you came to be here. I want to know if you will stand in the center of the fire with me and not shrink back.
I doesn't interest me where or what or with whom you have studied. I want to know what sustains you, from the inside, when all else falls away.
I want to know if you can be alone with yourself and if you truly like the company you keep in the empty moments.
Sometimes I use baby oil instead of lotion.
Sometimes I stay at work until 10 o'clock because it's better than going home.
Sometimes I wonder if other people are thinking about me too.
Sometimes I hope for the best, and wish I could prepare for the worst. I'm not so good at that last part.
Sometimes I crave Ramen noodles.
Sometimes I miss people so bad it hurts.
Sometimes I wish my cat would just find a place to sit and stay there.
Sometimes I wonder what I will do with all the toys in my cube.
Sometimes I wish I was a full time student on a full-ride scholarship, and could just learn for a living.
Sometimes I think I deserve better. Sometimes not.
Three months and still going well.
The purging continues. Where did I get so much stuff?
Work is going really well. Busy busy busy.
Ladies 8-Ball team is in 1st Place! If we continue to win, we're going to Vegas Baby!
Need to wash the salt and dirt off my car.
Whatever another does, no matter how it may seem to impact you, it is their privilege to do as they see to do. You may feel that someone has let you down. Beloveds, when you feel that way, you have let yourself down. Did you take on what someone else chooses to do as though it were your own responsibility? Did you make a portion of your life dependent upon what someone else chooses when all of your life is dependent upon you? Better to not make or allow anyone else to be the sayer of how you react in your life or any portion of it.
People like to accommodate you, yet they are not going to make their choices dependent upon what you want and feel is right, even when they may have said they would follow through. Brides and grooms have been left at the altar. You have been left waiting on the street corner by someone who did not show up, even when you were the one ready to do a favor. People are going to follow their own stars and also even their own whims.
Here is an opportunity for you to gain this famous equanimity you have so wanted, beloveds — to be at that place where you are not so bolstered or so desolate by what others choose to do or not to do at any given moment. Wholeheartedly accept the upliftment others may give you but never be deflated by what they do not give or change their minds about. Otherwise, you are a bouncing ball in someone else's hand. Beloveds, it is for you to make your own way in the world independent of what others choose to do. It is their right. Be your own star that shines and leads you to your destination.
When you ride a train, and the train should happen to break down, that is not the end of your travels. It is not a tragedy. So when a friend does not show up at an appointed time, it may be an inconvenience for you, yet it is not a tragedy. It is not really even an offense, even though you are sure it is.
Be glad to be with someone, and do not mind so when the person is no longer there. He heard his own distant cry of the meadowlark or nightingale, and he went his own way irrespective of you. He may respect you very much and yet not feel beholden to you or what he may have previously said or promised. He may have meant it. Once it was true for him, but now it is not. He cannot go back to the past, nor are you to make him. All contracts are dissolved. There are those who may resolve former contracts with what you call honor and some who will resolve without. Some do not even remember what the agreement was. In any case, the only agreement that matters is the one on your plate right now.
Do you see what I am asking you to do? I am asking you to not be dismayed by others' choices. Right or wrong, they are right to make their own choices however you may feel about them. You are not to lead your life according to others' views and desires, nor are they to live their lives according to your views and desires. Even when you are right by everything you know, it is still their right to choose. Do you see how, when you free others from bounds, you free yourself? Beloveds, no matter how seemingly innocent, bounds are a form of tyranny. You are not meant to be a tyrant. You are meant to be a pharaoh who lets his people go.
- I put too much sugar in my cranberry apple tea this morning. More like warm Kool-Aid now.
- I want to see how far my new car will go with the gas light on. Old car, 58 miles was as far as I pushed it.
- If I get laid-off from this job, I will leave the financial industry completely. And never look back!
- 41 assorted objects displayed around my cuffice could easily be construed as "toys".
- This weekend I put up 7 new pictures/wall hangings. My home feels much more homey now.
- I started the new year with someone who is good for me.
- Public Relations sounds intriguing to me.
- Goal for 2009, pay off 2 credit cards!!
- I am trying to be more thoughtful of others. It's a work in progress.
- When I go out to sushi with friends, I am astonished that I'm the most daring one.
- I love Pesto!
- I worry I'll never have kids. If I cannot stay home with them, I will not have them.
- I want to go on a bus and walking tour of Washington D.C. so I don't have to worry about being arrested.
- Need to decide if I'm going to go to school on not. Then figure out how.
- Even though both my teams lost in embarrassing displays of Pop-Warner football skills, I'm still a fan!
- I have a hard time sitting down at home, I'm always on the move.
Tag, You're It! Sarah, Britt, Wanda Jo, Shell, Mom, Andi, Villa, Anyone else who's bored.
To many this is not a problem at all, as they use the entire set. I am not one of these sheep, following the Sheet Set Cult blindly. I do not use the flat sheet. It has no purpose in my life. I have very nice, ultrasoft sable-like blankets against my skin when I cuddle into bed. Not a cold flat sheet. Why would I want cold sheet on both sides of me? I already have cold fitted sheet on the mattress side, I should not be forced to have cold flat sheet on the other side as well. This is a free country! If I choose to sleep with ultrasoft blanket, or sheepskin or burlap against my skin, that is my choice dagnabbit!!
Yet the Sheet Set Cult demands that I purchase their flat sheet. Why would I buy something I have no use for? I am a very thrifty person and choose not to spend my money on things that are useless to me. Why, oh, why can I not buy a lone fitted sheet?
Where did this Sheet Set conspiracy come from? Cotton farmers to drive up demand? Textile companies to increase production? Retailers to grow their bottom-line? It's a global conspiracy, I tell you! Well, I for one will not be duped by the Sheet Set Cult. I will not pay for a flat sheet that will sit folded and unused on my shelf, gathering dust and using up valuable space. I will not! I will Not! I will NOT!
If anyone knows how to obtain a new single fitted sheet, please share this revelation with me. In the meantime, I will be continuing my search for the perfect lone fitted sheet. Hi-ho Silver! Away!