Thursday

Who Woulda Thunk It?

Having spent the last few days in a mental funk and wasted far too many minutes deciphering my meager finances, I am led to recall that I am incredibly powerless and what should happen will in fact happen whether I help it along or not. More often than not, my helping is actually a hinderance, and God has to kick me to the curb and smack me around a bit to make the best thing happen in my life. Not to say that God is a mean bully who pushes folks around. It's just that I am very stubborn and pig-headed and don't deal very well when things don't go my way. He has to be a bit more forceful with me than some of the other kids.

He does work miracles and my life is coming together nicely, as it would have it, without my intervention. He is giving me the house I love, the man I love and the job I love. Not too shabby.

No comments: