Monday

It's All About Perspective

You must change the way you see things, to see what can't be seen.  A single wide mobile home in a run down park may not be the mansion of your dreams.  Compare that to a cardboard box for a roof and suddenly that little mobile home is much more appealing.  I look at the blemishes on my face and see ugliness.  I look at a little girl covered in 3rd degree acid burns from an 'honor attack', smiling through the bandages, and see nothing but beauty and courage.  Why?  Perspective. 

I must change my thoughts to change my mind, to change my perspective, to change my intentions, to change my actions, to change my life, to change my world.  Someone recently told me I have a victim mentality.  Though I argued against it, it pricked me, like a verbal slap across my heart.  How often have I used excuses, blame and faulted others for my own life, actions and feelings?  I must understand that no one can make me feel anything.  I control my feelings.  I control my thoughts.  I control my life.  I choose my future.  I am living this moment because of the choices I made and path I walked to get here.

We're told to look at the world through the eyes of a child to see the beauty.  What if we tried to look at our own world through the eyes of someone with much less than us, to see what we truly have?  To find true gratitude, and recognize my blessings, I need to help those who need a hand.  I have needed help before and it's time to return the favor.   

           

No comments: