Wednesday

Soup and Yogurt

Because I have 29 things pending on my desk and I have no desire to do any of them, I'm going to tell you about my unsatisfying lunch today. (yes I know you shouldn't start a sentence with 'because', but this is my blog, not yours!) Today for lunch I am having chicken noodle soup out of a can and strawberry yogurt. These are not the items I want to eat for lunch. Not at all. My attempt to improve the store-brand soup by adding crushed up saltine crackers accomplished two things; the soup is thicker and not so soupy and I got out a hobbit sized bit of aggression by smashing the crackers in their wrapper. (although knowing how aggressive the Fellowship hobbits got doesn't really correlate the analogy, but only LOTR nerds like me would think that.)
I would much rather have Rubios' fish tacos and some beer battered onion rings instead of my crackery soup and yogurt. Filet Mignon is also a nice option, considering that Donovan's is just down the street and open for lunch. Not that filet for lunch is not really in my price range, but hey, life is short! Looking forward, things that will be in my price range will increase dramatically after the move to Charlotte, because of the huge cost of living difference. Filet for lunch may be a real possibility.
I wonder what good steak houses Charlotte offers? Finding my way around town will be intersting and scary. I KNOW I will get lost on a regular basis. West will no longer point to the ocean. That's gonna mess me up somethin' good. Usually West is the only direction I can find. hmm.
Done with my crackery soup, on to my delicious dessert of sumptuous strawberry yogurt......................I thought if I made it sound like it tastes good I might want it more. I was wrong. Where's a chocolate lava cake when you need one?!

No comments: