Tuesday

Reading List

My unquenchable thirst for knowledge and short attention span lead me to devour books with an insatiable appetite. Recently I have had two main focus areas of reading, surrounded by various offshoots. The Classics and Nora Roberts. The Classics feed my needs for knowledge, language, literature, conversation and educational lapses. Nora Roberts fill in my female desires for romance, adventure, struggle and rescue. The steamy scenes certainly don't hurt either. Neither does the fact that I can read one of her books in about 2 days.

To focus on the Classics for a moment, I have been compiling a list that has grown faster than my actual reading has whittled down. I would love to know what your favorite books are, or any recommendations you might have.
Emily's Desired Reading List
  • Pride and Prejudice
  • Catcher in the Rye
  • Little Women
  • Atlas Shrugged
  • Slaughterhouse Five
  • On the Road
  • Moby Dick
  • Emma
  • Catch-22
  • Go Tell It On the Mountain
  • One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest
  • The Bell Jar
  • The Grapes of Wrath
  • The Time Machine
  • Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
  • Dune
  • Beowulf
  • Count of Monte Cristo
  • Sherlock Holmes
  • Lady Chatterley's Lover
  • Women in Love
  • Robinson Crusoe
  • 1984
  • Frankenstein
  • Gone With the Wind
  • Canterbury Tales
  • The Three Musketeers
  • Narnia Series
  • Les Miserables
  • The Odyssey
  • Clash of the Titans
  • Tale of Two Cities
  • A Christmas Carol
  • The Sound and the Fury
  • Sons and Lovers
  • A thousand other books, waiting patiently on the shelf for me to discover.

Come spend some time in another time and place with me.

You never know what you will find.

1 comment:

Raadgep Fam said...

Okay all i have to say is you HAVE to read the twilight series, ohh my gosh you ont beable to put the books down. I am telling you I am addicted! and i am going through withdralls because i dont have the third book yet aahahhaha. okay so i love jane austin and jay weyland and I am loving stephanie meyars.