Tuesday

Right in My Own Backyard

As D and I enjoyed a peaceful Sunday afternoon in our backyard, I was struck by the lush and beautiful landscape surrounding me. Having spent most of my life in a chaparral desert, Spring growth is new to me. I am continually astounded by how quickly leaves sprout and flowers bloom in this rainforest-like place.

White roses climb, bringing life to an old trellis.

Wild red strawberries dot the green leaves.

New maple saplings reach toward the sun.

Irises and grapevines play with the breeze.

Clover buds shoot up from their lucky beds.

Our forest canopy.

Flowers everywhere!

Symmetry

Pale peach Irises seduce the buzzing bees.

Tiny white blooms peak out from dark green coverings

Queen Cleo reigns.

Princess P.B. commands
in her backyard kingdom.

1 comment:

Raadgep Fam said...

Wow you are so lucky! Its beautiful! I wish I could be there! Amazing! And I love the comic by the way! OMG