Friday

Friday



My living room will be delivered today. I never thought I could be so excited to sit on a real couch again. 3 weeks in a camping chair is my maximum.

A nice man named Johnny knocked on our door last night and asked if we wanted out lawn raked and mowed. The grass has not been cut since before we moved in and it was turning into a jungle. We jumped at the chance. I was expecting to pay at least $100 bucks for the front and back yards. This wonderful kind man, humbly ( almost embarrassed) asked if $35-$40 would be ok. Slack-jawed I said "YES! That would be wonderful!" He and his wife mowed the grass, cleared the yards and cleaned up everything. We gave him $60. He will come back on Saturday to trim the bushes and clean up along the crick. Then he will come back every two weeks to redo the grass and everything.

I was so impressed with his willingness to work, and work hard. It spoke volumes of his character and integrity. Both he and his wife worked together to earn money for their family. They probably both have full time jobs during the day and kids, then drive around in the evenings, looking for unkempt yards to take care of. Amazing work ethic and dedication to honesty. What a wonderful example to me. I look forward to seeing him on Saturday and getting to know he and his wife better.

No comments: