Thursday

Drama

So I almost quit my job today. I was brought to tears today. In the past 30 days I have turned 30 years old, been disowned by a good friend, moved cross country, left the only life I've ever known behind, took on huge responsibilites at work, went to the hospital in an ambulance, become the sole breadwinner, left my family and friends, moved to a house that was never stepped in from when the last tenants moved out, lost the house we owned, left most of our furniture behind, driven 2500 miles with three unhappy cats in cages, lived out of hotels for a week, and am still trying to be the supportive sex-kitten wife that my husband wants. I feel a bit worn down. The straw allowing me to breathe under the water I am in is growing shorter and I am drowning.
Today I was basically told that my boss is no longer my boss and my job is completely different and I will work with people I've never met before. This was conveyed through a nasty email from my now former boss. My coworker (who has also moved cross country and is sharing my straw) is 4 months preganant and cried 3 times today. Corporate merger hell.
Here's the bright side: The new people I will work with are awesome (at least on the phone) and I will be nicely compensated for my strife. Also, my former boss is footing the bill for our move cross country to the tune of $4,000. heehee sucker.

1 comment:

Pure Images said...

Yikes girly!! I thought I was having a hard time. More power to you that you haven't completely broken down yet. You are stronger than I! Keep your chin up, everything will work out in the end.