Thursday

The Story of the Grandfather, the Child, and the Starfish



The elderly grandfather was walking
on the beach with his young grandson.
As they walked, the grandson would periodically stop
to pick up beached starfish and toss them back into the ocean.
The grandfather leaned towards his grandchild and said,
“My child, your gesture is touching but will make no difference.
Do you know how wide the oceans are?
How vast the number of beaches?
How numerous are the starfish
that become trapped on the shore?”
The child looked up as he prepared
to toss yet another starfish back into the ocean and said,
“Yes, grandfather, but it makes sure makes a difference to this one!”

1 comment:

Lady Di said...

That's what's so exciting about life, you never know what's going to happen! :-) So, are you two together now? In Sweden we say "gammal kärlek rostar aldrig" which basically means "Old love never rusts" But I think you say "Old love is not soon forgotten"? Or am I wrong? :-)

Anyway, nice of you to stop by, I'm trying to write in English as much as possible, but I guess I've been kind of lazy recently... ;-)

Have a nice weekend girl! I'm going to watch the old movie The Legend with Tom Cruise (seen it sooo many times, but I just love it!)

//Diana