Monday

Perfect Weekend

When Daymon called me at work and told me that I needed to reschedule my Friday night Sushi dinner with Shellee, I knew I was in for a sweet surprise. He made me buy a garment bag too. He picked out and packed my clothes for the whole weekend, even shoes and had them all packed up when I got home on Friday afternoon. I just had to get my makeup and girly stuff together. We drove to Downtown San Diego and pulled into the valet lane at the Marriot Marina overlooking San Diego Bay!

The room he reserved online wasn’t available so we got upgraded to the corner suite! Our room was on the 18th floor and we looked straight out onto the Bay with a 180 degree view. We could see Coronado Bridge to the south, North Island across the Bay all the way up to Point Loma. We could see the Midway and the city skyline to the east.

Friday night we got all dolled up and wondered around the Gaslamp, people watching and checking out restaurants and clubs. We ate at a great restaurant and watched the game. We took a bike cab back to the hotel and enjoyed ourselves on the balcony looking out at the Bay. The pool was heated so we took a dip and relaxed in the spa, then back to the room. Daymon ordered ice cream from room service and we enjoyed it in our room while we watched the city and bay.


Daymon would not tell me what our plans were on Saturday, but I woke up to room service breakfast and our fantastic view. We got dressed casual and were on our way (after stopping by the hotel gift shop to buy me a new belt so my pants wouldn’t fall down all day). We went to…….SEAWORLD!! I haven’t been to SeaWorld since 5th grade and I had mentioned many times that I would love to go, but never got around to it. He said that was going to change. No more, waiting to get around to things, we’re just going to do them now! Wahoo!

I was so excited to be at SeaWorld, I actually cried during Shamu’s show. I’m a sap, I know, but he loves me. We went to all the shows and watched the dolphin play time. I fed the anchovies to the bat rays. They feel so amazing, slippery and soft. I made the rays work for the little fish and they make the funniest sounds! We saw huge sharks and playful sea lions, the polar bears and beluga whales made me glad to be warm. The sea otters and dolphins played and flipped around, they put on a great show. SeaWorld is awesome and we had a great time!

Saturday night was Military Opening Night at the Petco Park and the Padres played the Rockies. Daymon got tickets through the hotel and we had amazing seats, Field Reserved on the first base line, right by the foul pole. The game was a nail biter. Rockies got ahead early on and we went 3 deep on our pitchers. We were tied 2-2 in the Ninth, and Gonzales doubled in the winning run taking the Padres to 3-2 and their first home win of the season! The game was followed by patriotic fireworks and Daymon and I stayed until the stadium was almost empty, enjoying our seats and watching the grounds crew. The actually vacuum the dirt off the grass to keep it perfect for the next game, crazy!

Daymon wanted a new hat so we shopped in the Western Metal Building gift shop. I got a new hat too, a cammie trucker hat! I love it. (I'm biting my lip in the pic) We wondered around the Gaslamp checking out all the celebrations and laughing at the drunks. We got a pizza and some sodas and took them back to our room. Dinner on the balcony, just enjoying the view and talking about everything. Sunday was Easter, so we made our way home.
Our friend Alicia came home from her Mission in Buenos Aries so we got to hear her talk all about it at church. We went to her family’s house, with homemade goodies by Daymon; a sinful 4 layer chocolate cake and cream cheese cinnamon rolls. In case you didn’t know it, my husband is a chef!! We spent the evening with friends who are our family and laughed and ate WAY too much. Back home and relaxing, my husband made sure we had an amazing weekend together. He loves me more than I know and I’m looking forward to the rest of our beautiful life together.

No comments: