Monday

What I Learned in Charlotte



I learned that Charlotte is absolutely beautiful.

I learned that not all Harley biker gangs are white guys.

I learned that doing situps while balancing on a ball works your abs better ( I watched an infomercial because it's 3 hours later here and I can't sleep. Right now it is 1:42am)

I learned that Gladys Knight has an amazing testimony and is an awe-inspiring choir director. Yes I saw Gladys Knight sing with her choir, Saints Unified Voices, and heard her testimony. She truly is an inspiration.

I learned that Daymon will not have a problem getting hooked up as a finish carpenter here.

I learned the streets and main thoroughfares and feel somewhat comfortable that I won't be completely lost.

I learned that BBQ is a noun, not a verb and it is pork.

I learned there is at least one decent Mexican food place here, Phat Burrito, and it is not cooked by Mexicans. And they put white rice in the burrito's which is kinda wierd.

I learned that even though there is a HUGE lake, you can not actually get to it at night. At least not Sunday night. At midnight. Bummer, because I can't sleep.

I learned that they still have Drive-In's here, where they bring your food out to your car and everything. And the onion rings are mouth-watering good!

They really do say Ya'll.

Drug stores do not have trial size sections.

The creeks really are creeks. With water and everything!

The "mature" neighborhoods are like parks, with full grown trees that cover the streets and squirrels running across the road.

There is no stucco in sight.

Nor any red-tile roofs.

I learned that our $3000 a month mortgage payment would buy us a freaking MANSION out here.

I learned that I will miss this place, but I'm looking forward to making it permanent!!

No comments: