Monday

Sick at Work

The negative fiscal impact of employees who go to work sick has been proven numerous times. Unhealthy employees are less productive and share their germs thus creating more unhealthy employees perpetuating the cycle. I understand this cycle of contamination, and yet...I am at work. Sick. Why, you may ask? Because I have work to do. Advisors to transition, e-mails to respond to, voicemails to call back, papers to push. Information to transmit, docs to fax, questions to answer, a seat to fill, a paycheck to earn, PTO days to not use.

Warm clouds of satin sheets
Gentle sunshine and songbirds singing lullabyes
Fresh air scented with vanilla
Breezing across my bare skin
Feathers under my head
Angels kiss my eyes closed
Floating on rivers of pink foam
Dreaming of flowers and cotton candy

No comments: