Tuesday

Learning How to Ski!


With the Scouts we went to Winterplace, West Virginia and I put skis on my feet for the first time!
Getting off the chairlift for the first time. I did not fall on my butt!
At least not when the camera was around.

This is easy, anybody can do it!

Me and some of the girls, deciding which run to own next.

Wait. How do I go uphill?

Oh No! Don't slide backwards!! No Brakes!!

I did take the Ski School on the bunny slopes. I ended up ditching my class because I just wanted to ski. School and I never really got along to too well, I learn better by doing. I learned that man-made snow is about as soft as concrete, only colder and wet. After spending many turns sprawled across the path, I finally got the hang of it. I made it all the way down the mountain twice without falling!

Finishing up my last run, just as we were getting ready to leave, I overcame my fears and bombed the steepest, longest hill in the park. I decided that if I fell, I fell and oh well...I was going for it. I swung down and started picking up major speed, telling myself to leanforwardleanforwardleanforward.

A kid biffed it right in front of me and I knew I was going to crash straight into him, but I maneuvered past him and made it to the bottom safe and sound.

Last run of the day and I nailed it!! I am so stinkin' proud of myself! Go Me!!



1 comment:

Pure Images said...

To cute! I can't believe this is the frist time you've skied! It looks like you had fun though!