Friday

Common Sense is Hard to Find



If I were to invite you to a sushi lunch, what would you expect to do? Would you expect to have to leave your desk, leave your office, get in your car and drive to a sushi restaurant and spend more than 20 minutes of your time? OR, would you expect someone to bring your favorite sushi to your office so you could sit at your desk and eat it?

The former is what I think when discussing a sushi lunch with someone, but apprantly not everyone thinks that same way. (no surprise there) A woman in our office is leaving the company after 6 years and I am setting up a farewell lunch for her at her favorite sushi restaurant. I sent out the invitation earlier this week and received back 9 acceptances. Today, I received a e-mail from one of a group of three ladies who had accepted. She posed the questions of what conference room the lunch was going to be in?

Uhm?! Hello! We're having sushi, not pizza. This is San Diego, not New York. They do not deliver sushi. And I'm not going to to pay upfront for 10 people's sushi. Common Sense to me: Sushi = Restaurant.

Needless to say these people decided not to come and made me feel guilty for not explaining things to them. Stupid people are dumb.

No comments: