Monday

Leavin' On A Jet Plane

Direct flight from Charlotte to San Diego. Crazy Eights in the air. Sherlock Holmes keeps me company. Carne asada straight from the airport. Marriott with no covers. 3 hours of sleep. $45 bucks for breakfast. Back to work. Rep crying and whining, catches fire. Trip to Michigan confirmed. Sushi, finally. Traffic and the carpool lane for the first time.
Mexican food dinner with old friends. Let in the door by the 4 year old. Magnet rocks. Trent's whole new world serenade. Every day a red-letter.
Early to the Newport Beach Temple. Glad to see my family again. Meagan all in white. Surprise! Reminders of the promises I made. Back to what matters most.
Pictures and fountains. Tuxes and satin. Flowers and flashes.
Back on the road. Colima's!!! Rolled tacos are my friend.
El Torito's for luncheon with the bridal party. Video of lives meshed.
Reception Reception Reception. So many familiar faces, comfortable places. Home.
Chocolate Costco cake.
Back to the fam's house with laughs and love.
Saturday is Shellee and sushi day. Tried 5 times to buy the Chinese dress, wasn't meant to be. Back to the Martin's to reminisce. Emily was here in the concrete. Hear all about the new baby. Shouldn't be gone so long in-between. Probably wouldn't recognize her if I saw her.
Walking on the beach, asking, listening, waiting. Eyes closed. My shoes are waterproof, cool. Dinner at Colima's, I love that place. Jen and Nathan (Jshizz n' Bubba) Old friends never change. And change so much. D and the boys meet to share in Mexican delight. Walk to the water and chat about life. Miss my friends.
Grocery store for cinnamon roll mixings. Smart words. Same meat dept guy, same checker. Some things never change. Quiet words.
Drop off groceries and the hubby. Can't wait to read Rusty Anchors and learn about her life. How did she overcome so much and still be so full of love? Great example to me.
Off to Diane's. Teen hair dying and computer hacking. Wal-Mart almost midnight. Mom down the street is not as cool as Di. Forgot my camera, dagnabbit!
Church is sweet peace. "Good Morning" brings tears to my eyes. Hearing my girls stand as God's witnesses. Reminders of why I changed.
Roast beast dinner on fancy china and crystal, with real silver-ware. Feels so grown up. Hugs and promises to return. Cinnamon Rolls back at the McA's, gobbled up like kids in a candy store. All the kids together. "Home teaching" on the big screen, Scriptures won 17-6! Go Bolts! Pride and Prejudice homework. More hugs and tearful goodbyes. We'll always have MySpace.
Airport and flight delays. D's leaves before me. He goes home. I go to Cleveland. Jane Austen book club? Alright already, how many signs do I need? Persuasion is next on my list.
Sleep on the bench in the airport. Bruise on my hip. Delays and fog, rain and ice. Tiniest plane ever invented. Have to stoop to walk down aisle. D would have to crawl. Grand Rapids with snow on the ground. Hotel and off to work. Complaints relived over and over and over and over and over. Stab me in the eye why don't ya?! No we are not Morgan Stanley!! Go back if you love it so much! Oh you got fired and you can't. Lucky we took you at all and you know it!
Deep breath. In<<<<<>>>>>>
Warm bubble bath and relaxation. Sleep beckons and dreams whisper my name.

1 comment:

Brittany said...

I am SOOOOO sad I missed you. SO sad!