Thursday

By Me

Time spent in wonderment and fantasy
Lives lived and passed on
Experiences play out in my mind
As I ponder on you

Questions seep through my veins
When? Ever? How? Will you? Can I?

Trust and forgiveness are fragile and heavy
Bonds unbroken after so many years
And so much hurt

What does it mean?
Signs and connections scream for my attention
I know who sends them

Standing on the brink I fathom the distance
The shoreline pulls and pushes, closer then farther

Miles and time matter not to the heart
Loves flame is never truly extinguished
It waits
Biding its time
Knowing the moment will come

Will I recognize it?
Has it passed?
Opportunities are never lost
They pass on to another

It is others I hope for
Futures I desire to create
Longing in my heart to know that joy

Stabbing pain when kind words are spoken
Standing, barren and fruitless
Penance for the past
Or, perhaps, He knows the time
I will wait for you
-Emily JoAnn

No comments: