Sunday

Boxing vs. Scrapbooking

I am continually reminded of what a tomboy I am. I have always had a hard time making real friends with other girls. I get along with guys much better. Tonite, we went to a friends house for a Cinco De Mayo/De la Hoya-Mayweather BBQ. After chatting it up with everyone and talking about moving to Charlotte and their kids and food and whatever, it was time to watch the fight. Me and the guys were all spread out on the couch and I noticed that every other female was in the kitchen. It seemed that no other girl wanted to watch the fight. The ladies were talking about scrapbooking and kids and chocolate and whatever it is that women talk about when they get into groups. I mentioned to my hubby that all the girls were in the kitchen and I was the only female who would rather watch boxing than talk about scrapbooking.

I would rather watch football than a talk-show. I would rather go camping than stay in a hotel. I would rather throw on a ballcap than worry about doing my hair. I would rather eat a cheeseburger than worry about getting fat. I would rather eat glass than scrapbook. I would rather take the bus than drive a mini-van.

I am in awe of women who have the opportunity to stay at home with their children and raise them and teach them and be with them to see every part of their little one's lives. I would love to be able to stay home with my kids and go to playgroup. I would also love to travel the world and eat at fancy restaurants every night. I enjoy watching kids play and seem to have a knack to help them calm themselves. I also enjoy going to nightclubs to dance until 4am. What I want and what I want seem to be two different things. How do I figure out which is which?

No comments: