Friday

Insights for the New Year


Or, What I learned in 2006 that will help me in 2007...



  • Dry Cleaning is not a good business to get into. Ever.

  • Sushi is a wonderful invention.

  • I resolve to always try something before I decide whether I like it or not. Knowledge is power!

  • Blogging is a great outlet for creativity, venting and randomness

  • High heels are not impractical. Height is a good thing.

  • I resolve to learn to walk smoother in heels.

  • Working out is worth it. I like my butt the way it is.

  • I resolve to work out at least twice a week, every week.

  • Sleeping too much is not good.

  • Money does not grow on trees, and credit is hard earned. Both deserve greater respect and discipline.

  • My job is a blessing.

  • I resolve to work more efficiently and thoroughly at my job.

  • A testimony is a living thing and needs constant care and renewal to stay strong.

  • I resolve to work on my testimony in some way every day, ie. praying, reading my Scriptures, serving another, sharing what I have.

  • Paying off debt not only helps the credit score, it lowers the weight on my shoulders.

  • I resolve to make a personal effort to pay off my debt more quickly.

  • Mucking about in the past is about as effective as mucking about in anything else. All you get is covered in muck. Move on.

  • Reverse psychology works on husbands, just as well as it works on teenagers. I just need to convince my husband that I don't want he half wall completed or flooring in any form.

  • By telling someone "Thank you so much, I really appreciate your help." before they actually do what you want, is a GUARANTEE that it will get done.

  • Education is important. No matter what.

  • I resolve to complete all my assignments and school tasks on time and with extra effort.

  • Organize every needful thing. Get your house in order.

  • I resolve to Sort, Purge and Organize my home and all belongings room by room.

  • Learning new skills; such as cooking, fixing things, budgeting, software programs, sewing and patience will benefit me throughout my life.

  • Spending time, money and effort on yourself is not selfish, it is survival.

  • Open an online Savings account with a decent interest rate and have at least $100 a paycheck direct depositted into it, and 1/2 of all bonuses and extra money you receive throughout the year. Increase the deposit amount if you get a raise or payoff a credit card.

  • Develop a hobby you enjoy and can benefit others. I learned to knit and bead this year and gave away my creations as presents. People LOVE handmade items. They mean so much more.

  • Forgive everyone for eveything. This includes yourself. We have enough baggage, don't carry around extra.

  • Smile at strangers and see if you can make them laugh.

  • Always say Please, Thank You and Excuse Me.

  • Remember that everyone you see is a child of God and has chosen to follow the Saviour at least once. They deserve your respect. So do you.

  • Tell people what a great job they're doing, that you appreciate them and they deserve a raise. When you can, tell their boss how helpful they were. We can all use accolades and encouragement.

  • Leave BIG tips. Don't be cheap.

  • The beach is a wonderful place to walk and talk to God outloud.

  • Pay attention to your dreams, God speaks to you when you sleep.

  • When you say your prayers, listen at the end. That's when He answers you.

  • Be willing to volunteer and serve whenever you are asked. Life is too hard to not help when you can. Someday you will need help too.

  • Only you can make you happy. No one else will ever be able to do it for you.

  • Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Deeply.

No comments: